Release Notes for TimeStory 1.6.1
1.6.1 was released on January 13, 2020.
It follows 1.6, and was followed by 1.7.
This is a refinement release, with a handful of minor features and bug fixes,
and some internal work in preparation for exciting upcoming features.
- The Sections dialog now shows the count and overall date range of the
events within each section (screenshot below).
- When deleting a non-empty section, you are now given the option to
delete the section along with all of its events. (Previously, TimeStory just
refused to delete the section, requiring you to manually remove any events.)
- Merge Events: Select a few events and then use Edit > Merge Selected Events
to combine them. The resulting event will begin on the start date of the
earliest event selected and end on the end date of the latest event
selected. Its text will be taken from the earliest event, as will most of
its style: shape, color, etc. It will, however, take the “Span End” shape
from the latest event.
- CSV Import: It is now possible for a CSV file to provide exclusive end
dates for events (i.e., to indicate that an event ends before a date,
instead of on a date).
- Fixed: When changing a span event’s end date by dragging it around, the
tooltip previously showed the wrong date (it was off by one day, showing
Tuesday’s date when the mouse was really really on Monday, for example).