TimeStory is a macOS app which works with document files on your computer.
What you put into those documents, and where you send them, is totally up to
- TimeStory runs entirely on your Mac. It does not require any Internet
connections, or even Internet access, for any part of its functionality.
- It may occasionally query this web site (timestory.app) for product
updates, so you can view them within the app. Any such query will obey
the website privacy statement below.
- If you choose to store your documents on a cloud service (such as
Apple’s iCloud Drive), then TimeStory will indirectly access just the
files which ask it to (and nothing else).
- TimeStory does not collect any information or statistics about how you use
- TimeStory does not embed any personally identifying information into your
documents that you do not explicitly put there, so you can safely send
documents to others.
Email and Web privacy
If you contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report bugs, provide feedback, make
requests, or anything else, I will treat your messages as confidential unless
you explicitly tell me otherwise, and I will not share your contact
information with anyone (unless required by law).
This website (https://timestory.app) does not collect any personally-identifying
information, and does not use or participate in any user-tracking,
click-tracking, advertising, or analytics software.
The only third-party service it uses is Google Fonts, to supply the custom font;
their privacy statement is here.
Updates & History
This page https://timestory.app/privacy will always contain the latest
an update version number and date, along with a description of the changes.
- Version 1.1 contains the following changes relative to version 1.0:
- Added text about cloud-based documents and automatic queries of product
- Added an explicit note about Google Fonts to the website section.
- Added subheadings, and edited for clarity.
- Version 1.0 was the original version, posted on June 28, 2019, before the
release of the app.