TimeStory version 1.2.1 was released on August 09, 2019.
1.2, and was followed by 1.3.
TimeStory 1.2.1 was focused on continuing to refine the app, and does not
introduce any major new features.
Timeline Presentation and Editing
- When you save and reopen a document, TimeStory now preserves its zoom level
and scroll position.
- More navigation options, such as Next Event or Go to Today, now have smooth
- The “star” shape has been slightly increased in relative size; previously,
it looked smaller than the other point markers.
- A point event placed at the start or end of a span event, or placed within
the range of that span event, will now always draw fully on top of the span.
- When placing a new span event on the timeline, if the current time unit is
Months, the length of that new event will now always be that of the selected
- If you have a mouse plugged in (not a trackpad), the vertical scroll bar
which appears on the right side of the document view will no longer overlap
the section headers.
- If you double click to edit a title in the document, there is no longer a
blue focus border shown.
- The presentation, layout, and font choices used in the Inspector fields have
been improved, for a cleaner, more consistent look.
- When a point event is selected, the Inspector only offers relevant title
positioning choices, hiding the choices which apply only to span events.
Miscellaneous Fixes & Improvements
- If you customize your toolbar, those changes are now saved for the next time
you run the app.
- The “Compact” option in Arrange Events now has an improved algorithm,
resulting in a more consistent and logical compaction in many cases.