Verison 2.6.4 includes one brand-new feature plus a batch of smaller
enhancements and fixes.
Sometimes you’d like to navigate or present a timeline without worrying about
accidentally dragging an event or making some other change. You can now enable
“View-Only Mode”, from the View menu, to temporarily disable all edits and
changes to the current timeline.
While in View-Only Mode, you can still change time units and scale, navigate
around, turn on or off the Today line or a time-region highlight. You can also
still save the document to make these changes persistent. You just can’t
change any event, section, image, or other content.
You can now hold the Command key while moving your mouse’s scroll wheel to
smoothly and precisely adjust the timescale. (This mirrors the pre-existing
behavior of a pinch gesture on a trackpad.)
More CSV export control
You can now choose to produce a CSV export of just the currently-selected
events, instead of the whole document, and you can choose whether the export
contains a header row or not.
Miscellaneous fixes and improvements
- Using a pinch gesture while editing an event’s title in place will now no
longer cause that title to move away from its event.
- The Inspector color and icon pickers have been improved, most importantly by
adding proper support for full keyboard navigation (if it’s enabled in
- The Today line will again auto-update when midnight arrives; this had been
broken by a recent change.
- When a very narrow span event’s title lies outside its graphic, previous
versions would sometimes incorrectly hide that title; this has been fixed.
- Text in the Manage Sections window is now properly vertically aligned;
previously, some fields had been top-aligned while others had been
- Some button shadows in the Inspector have been fixed.
- When adding a new event, if you click to place it and then immediately
drag to set its duration, the initial click will now stay where you intended
instead of sometimes moving a bit in the direction of the drag.
- A few stale hyperlinks (which went nowhere) have been fixed in the User Guide.
- When grouping existing sections into a new parent (container) section, the
new parent will now inherit its style from the first selected child, instead
of from the document default.
- When copying multiple point events with the same icon, pasting them now
preserves their styling; previous versions would incorrectly revert some of
them to the default diamond shape.
- It was possible to make TimeStory crash by copying events from multiple
non-contiguous rows and pasting them into an empty section with a left-side
header. I’ve received no crash reports from users (I discovered the bug
during development), but I apologize if this did happen to you.